Monday, August 30, 2010

Strawberry blondes have more fun!

I think I was 13 when my friend Laura B and I first colored our hair. We were in 7th grade and if I'm remembering correctly, we used Manic Panic's Purple Haze. Mum was thrilled. Please see the following...


I was hooked. Kinda like I hear tattoos are addicting, I was addicted to changing my hair! Throughout high school I taught myself how to cut / color and continued to experiment. I will never forget this one particular time sitting in the kitchen as my mom helped me go bleach blonde. Thanks mom for always supporting me =) Done black, yellow streaks in fire engine red and yes, even streaks of forest green. Ahh, the teenage years. I guess my favorite at the time was maroon because I stuck with my long red locks for quite a while until I decided I needed a chop and did a shoulder length bob. I let the years of crazy colors fade and added a lovely light brown (really wanted to have "normal" hair after a decade of coloring). So, for the last 4 years it grew out and I was au-natural. Until yesterday! I needed a change, and what better way to mix it up with a new do? It took Nick's funny / sweet encouragements, some magazines, a movie break, major hesitations, heating up leftover lunch and some more distractions until I could commit. It was a bit scary in the moment (and when I woke up this morning) but it's just hair. Right?! So here is what it looks like now...

Thank you L'Oreal Mega Blonde! Thought I had tried it all. But, eureka. Found a shade I've never had before. Can't say I'm going to leave it exactly this way though... want to add some low & highlights (see details below). Welp, there you have it!! Probably more then you ever wanted to know about l'histoire of Teenie's hair =)


5 comments:

  1. WOW WEE WOW WOO...LOOKING SWEET & SEXY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love and adore the summer time shine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it :)... oh and to add to her addiction she decided to die my hair puple, when I was four :) sisterly love! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again! I know you have some thing to say. please don't stop writing!!! I need this! not that it's about me.

    ReplyDelete